I think spring twang or " buzz" with an airgun Is a lot like recoil in a cenyerfire rifle . It is subjective in nature and what does not bother some folks is intolerable to others. But just like recoil most of of it is shear physics.The heavier the rifle vs the power level the softer the gun will shoot. Or in the case of the spring gun vibrate less upon firing.

I think the HW90 is about the only has ram.gun I would trust over time, but even those have bern known to fail . Had a good friend who has 40 years expwrince with Speing guns have the gas ram burst on a Beeman RX2 (HW90).It blew out the cocking arm and wrecked the stock..Having said that ,the gas rams have been used a lot by Crosman and Gamo the last 7 ro 8 years in guns of various quality.. You don't see gas rams in match grade spring guns either..Its really personal prefernce amd after shooting them both quote a bit I just prefer a well done spring gun and mine don't have to have tuned just good quality guns, broken in well, properly lubed and fed good pellets. If I owned a gun with a truly awfull firing cucke thst was worth tuning, I would not hestitate to send it to someone like John Thomas in PA for a tune..

I still think it is very intersting that Walther did not use gas rams on their latest LVG & LVU Piston guns and Weihrauch has only used them on one model all these years.