Addition again for discussion.

On a Wyoming hunt every morning the outfitter would tell the guides where he wanted them to go and off we went. The other guides used it as a general suggestion and they would run and gun with the hunters. Mine took it as an absolute and he would pick a spot and we would sit and sit and sit. Finally he said, you stay here I'm going to take a walk. As soon as he was out of sight, I was gone because I had had it. I was back at the spot come late evening and he was pissed. We had a discussion of the why of it and being and Easterner, I guess it just didn't matter.

Addition: That night the outfitter gave me a look, but never said a word.

Then two things happened on the last day. One was in the last hour we ran into some Cows. I had a Cow tag and he said shoot that one. I told him I didn't come to shoot a Cow and he said, "Shoot that Elk." I being an arrogant Easterner, unloaded the rifle and walked away. (As the story comes back-he catches up and says; "I have to admit, you know what you want." "Ya, thanks".) Next came the guides campfire on the last night of the hunt. Only guides and they drank beer and raised a little hell. Well one came over and asked me to join them. The guide I had wasn't there and I was told he wasn't invited, but they wanted me to know that I got screwed.

Damn Easterners never get it....

Last edited by battue; 07/13/18.

laissez les bons temps rouler