Castle Rock...one non custom bolt action in an All weather SS/composite for wet weather or the nasty dense local hunting areas here in East Texas, and the other in a more traditional wood/blue...and yes I am turning 74 before this years hunting season starts. One hard lesson I learned early on was to always have a spare shooter on hand or to travel with, and the most common pairing in the past was a 270 & 300WMg for different ranges field conditions, then about 19 year ago became a 270 & a 6.5 Swede T3 after the health issues resulted the recoil tolarance concerns they are today. Nothing heals back to whatever was "normal" anymore.

Been shooting 270's for 50 years as the primary, with forays to hunt with into everything from the 243 1st rifle in 1967 to a couple belted mag's for everyday shooters over the years, so a more simple solution of one size fits all, like the 270 became for me all those years at this point seems to be a better answer, and the 7-08 was what I had arrived at after using a M70 7x57 a little last year for the first time...but discovered almost no 7x57 (or 280 ammo either) factory ammo on the shelf anywhere outside of the big city shops, so the 7-08 can take that role when I finally stop reloading too.

FWIW I am 2nd guessing myself with this request for other opinons, as the 7-08 seems to be THE no brainer, and yes the 6.5's have been a favorite, but have no experience with a Creedmore, but it is a viable choice with more and more available ammo anywhere these days and IMO a much better alternative than the usual 243 answer for recoil sensitive old folks and beginners. Thanks all.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.