Originally Posted by Morgancohunter
My Tikka T-3 Lite has shot every bullet I stuffed it with around MOA or less. It has a 1 in 10 twist. From 100 grain TSX, 100 gr BT, 110 AB, 117 Hornady RN interlock and the Hornady 120 gr HP, have all gone very well. Since my self imposed range limit is 250 yds, I use the 117 gr Hornady round nose for hunting. It lays the smack down just fine.

I know alot of folks shy away from round nosed bullets, but unless you are shooting serious long range, it wont make a major difference in trajectory. It has also been my expierence that they tend to open a wider wound channel faster then most pointed, non plastic tipped, bullets yet hold together for deep penetration.

That's good info.

Take a look at Gary Sciuchetti's [sp] famous 30 caliber 180 grain bullet test report. Look at the results for the plain old Remington SPCL (roundnose). It is the only bullet in the test that performed flawlessly over the entire velocity range from 1400 to 3100 fps. Perfect mushroom and not a single fragmented bullet - all the way up to 3100 fps.
_

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.