Originally Posted by danl
BR where can I fine the 180gr. 30 cal. bullet report. When I was growing up that was a very popular bullet for everything.

Ask and ye shall receive. The file is attached (I hope).

It looks like the file may not have attached properly. Let me know if you have any problems retrieving it.

There are good reasons why 180 grain 30 caliber bullets are popular - THEY WORK. I consider a good 180 grain bullet in one of my 30-06s to be the absolute best deer hunting combination bar none. The Speer Hot-Cor is my favorite. If there is a deer I want to shoot and he is in range, I shoot it, and it dies. Period. Any angle, any range. No bullet failure, no lack of penetration, no "bullet penciling through" without expansion. Just reliable performance. Maybe that's too boring to some here, but when I want to go hunting and kill a deer with no fanciness or excuses, I take the absolutely reliable, no excuses, no fanciness gun - a 30-06 with 180 grain Speer Hot-Cors.
_

Attached Images
7333-bestbullet.jpg (0 Bytes, 18 downloads)
Last edited by Big_Redhead; 03/24/07.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.