Vortex Vipers are a good deal and a winner when you are either active or former military and buy them through GovX or Experticity. You get 35-40% off of retail prices.

Zeiss Conquest HDs sometimes go on sale for about 550.00 on Experticity.

Guides or Retail Pro Staff can get Leupolds for 50% cost on line through their prostaff program the BX4-Guide Pros are excellent binoculars for that price. Cameraland NY offers a huge number of MIC mid tier binoculars and deals in German Minox, Czech Meopta, Athlon, Pentax, Japanese Kowa and Bushnell. Doug or Neil will find you the best binocular for the dollar and I feel that they represent the best optics department in the US and probably the world. SWFA is also a good group to work with but they are not as first name person level. I have purchased stuff from the Samplelist was not disappointed.

However for most MIC, I would go to Doug.

That being said I have observed people getting amazing deals on top shelf binoculars if you ask for 10% off. Sometimes a manager or store manager will bend and it is amazing what people will do to get that kind of bump in sales when sales are slow in the off season.