I used .30-06 factory Super Performance 150 gr. SST at @ 3100fps on a number of caribou. Results as above under 300 or so. "Normal" ( efficient, but not overly destructive) results over 300 out to nearly 500.

Seem to be designed for good but not "explosive" expansion at lower velocities/longer distances/ lighter game. 1 inch, 3 shot inch groups at 300 with that rifle, but then so did the factory Corelokts, just 6 inches lower, 3 inches left at 300. And the 150 gr. mono SP GMX (somewhat less "explosive" at shorter ranges) printed 8 inches higher and 6 inches right of the SSTs at 300, and performed about like the SSTs from 300-500 yards or so.

No noticeable difference on killing efficiency between the SST and Corelokts at any range I used, for what that is worth.

Actually, the only SST I ever recovered was into the skull of a moose at 30 yards. Yes, I did use a rest.... smile

As LazyV said. I accidentally (more or less) shot a caribou through both hams at 200 yards (ranged). Blew a cantaloupe sized hole all the way through both. Embarrassing, but educational!

ChaseA1- what was the range and body weight for your deer?

Last edited by las; 12/11/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.