In my Thompson Center Venture compact 243 win with 20" bbl and 2700FPS the 95 SST bullets have all resulted in 1 shot kills. All hits in lung/heart cavity and no bullets recovered. Range from 50 to 200 yards. About 1 out of 4 hits resulted with the deer dropped where hit. Not all instant death but no trailing involved. Of those hit with the 95 sst none have traveled more than 50 yards. The only negative is poor blood trails and often no blood trail. This is also the most accurate bullet I have tried in my rifle.
On the opposite side of my experience with the Hornady SST bullets is the 270 Winchester. The HEAVIER SST bullets were not as effective as I would prefer. Accuracy was not as good as Sierra prohunter or Remington cup & core. I did find the Hornady 120 SST marketed by Hornady as 6.8 caliber to perform extreamly well and accuracy was excellent in all of my 270s over the years. This combination resulted in more DRT kills than any other combination. I checked my records and that bullet in 270 averaged 70% DRT on Tennessee Whitetails weighing between 100 to 170 lbs.
I was disappointed with The SST in 7mm-08. The heavier SST bullets gave very good accuracy but expansion was questionable. Deer traveled farther and little blood trail. Exit holes were small. I don't think the heavier bullets expanded to deliver maximum energy. Only deer never recovered was with this combination. I should note that I did not try the lightest SSTs in 7mm-08 rifles.