Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I shot them last year out of a 260 Remington. 129 grain SST's at well under 3000 fps. Shoulder shots, neck shots and rib shots. All equal dead deer. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. The caveat being that the starting velocity be under 3k fps. (or the shots taken be at 150 yards or greater).

Each his own.

That's the bullet my mom was using. Shot was 175 yards and the bullet blew up on the shoulder near as we could tell. Deer never recovered. Not worth the gamble if you ask me.

Interesting.

Similar results to Crimson. 140gr SST out of 260 rem moving about 2700FPS from 30-100 yards. Recovered every deer within about 50 yards but NEVER an exit wound. Shot em in the shoulder, ribs and neck (neck shot was 30 yards). Even the neck shot never exited. The bullets worked, just not happy about the lack of exit (and never searched for the bullet.) Used 165gr SST in 300WM, those were a different story. Too much IMO. Got a big doe with a blood trail I was able to spot 80 yards away. The other two deer I took were quite devastating and lost more meat than I can justify for using them again on whitetail.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson