Originally Posted by DarlaG
winkman,

WISHING I could find Model 760 rifles as nice as that one ANYWHERE for 250.oo = My estate sale specials ALL need refinishing but for 100 to 125.oo, it's hard to argue.
(That's how I ended-up with over a dozen of them.)

Since I retired, I have a lot more time than $$$$$$.

yours, tex

I really lucked out on that one, every once in a while this blind squirrel finds a nut.

I've seen this happen before around here in NJ. Can't hunt with a rifle in NJ, so someone wants to hunt with their friends at their deer camp in the Catskills in New York State. They buy a rifle, sight it in, go for a year or 2 and see nothing so stop going cause the license is to expensive and either sell the rifle or put it into a closet till he's passed and whomever inherited it sells it. In this case, a guy inherited it and wanted to unload it and the gunshop told him it would be a hard sell because it didn't have a magazine, LOL.

The last thing I'd ever need is another gun, but when I find bargain like that, it's simply to hard to resist.

I'd gladly take them like you find them also, needing refinishing for the price you mention. That "RKW bowling pin finish" that Remington puts on the wood is a bit of a pain to get off but I've done a few and it's well worth it.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people