Originally Posted by DarlaG
To All,

My "small to medium game load", at the old-school .32-40 WCF velocity (as designed for me, by my little brother for coons/rabbits/foxes/coyotes/pests), does a creditable job of KILLING WT efficiently out to 100M+. = WT deer just aren't that hard to kill at "brush country" or "woods" ranges, presuming a good shot.
(NO place that I hunt can you SEE a WT at over 50M & in many spots on our lease you can finally/clearly SEE a deer at 20M.)

This load is a 150 grain flat-nose PBCB, in front of 12 grains of GREEN DOT. - It's downright CHEAP to load, too.

That "small-to medium game load" is also EXCELLENT for training new shooters, as it has a mild "KICK" & NOT even a LOUD report, out of 7-9 pound rifle with a 22-24" barrel.

Fwiw, when I was stationed at Ft. Indiantown Gap, the local PA G&FD said that the average range from muzzle to deer was less than 60 yards.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to All from both of us.

yours, tex

Ok, Tex is posting as "Darla". Interesting. But anyway I live in Annville which you know is where Ft Indiantown Gap is located. I grew up hunting the base when it was still US Army. The National Guard has made you attend a class and enter a drawing to hunt there and I don't need all that aggravation.