Once had four rifles in 30-06 and killed a fair number of deer with three of them. I was younger then and didn't know any better. Best excuse I can come up with?

One was a M760 Remington. Killed two bucks w/open sights, scoped it, killed a few more, before discovering (via the interwebs) that they aren't accurate and even worth having around. Sold it to a buddy that had gotten back into hunting and didn't know any better.

I joined the Fire about 18 years ago, quickly found out I'd been poorly armed with such dinosaurs and am now down to a mere two Ought Sixes. Now up to speed, haven't killed a deer with one in years.

Although both grandsons like to borrow one of my old clunkers and manage to take deer with them on a regular basis, despite the poor taste inherent in using such a relic. Both are primarily bow hunters, but will take one of my rifles out, if they have a tag left for gun seasons. Only excuse I have now, for still owning a 30-06.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.