Originally Posted by gunswizard
+1 on the suggestion of a black interior and black or camo facemask. I have had situations where deer have approached from behind and the first thing they did was look inside. I carry a fleece camo facemask and a lightweight mesh one so I'm prepared no matter the temp.

Staple gun Landscape Weed Blocker Fabric to the walls - it's black & dirt cheap a lot easier than painting - get it in lowes depot garden/landscape area .

I built an 8'x8' - 8' 4x4 legs shooting house , we have our own spot or spots in the lease - do with it what you want . Hurricane Michael destroyed mine but the platform 8x8 it still standing the walls and roof were shabby built but lasted for 6 years .
Got a truck full of materials - waiting on rain to stop then heading out to rebuild it. Going back with all the former stuff -plastic storage shelf,12gal. water capacity,single wide mattress /bed,woodburning stove ,recliner&office chair,hatch through floor to reach down into cooler,coffee pot ,5gal. bucket w/toilet seat peatmoss dry cover = no smell for #2 #1 [urine] will be plumbed to a sealed bucket on ground level .2 rubbermaid tubs that fit under bed hold 2 walmart sleeping bags 1 army wool blanket ,big pillow .
Will only be 5'3'' tall inside so sitting or laying down or knees - keeping it low profile due to high winds.
Killed many hogs out of the blind I go out and camp in it for a week at a time - 11 days once , lease is 2000+acres wrapped around a big swamp -creek runs through it called pidgeon creek I'm the only one in the lease to walk it from road to road -beautiful in there . I run a trapline [snares] through it .
Right up the road is choctawhatchee river water management area 59,000K acres of river and swamp hunting which I hunt out of a small boat camo colored Gheenoe w/a 2.5hp yamaha 4 stroke motor .
Nothing I'd like more than having more room to hunt - but we all hunt what 'we have' and hunting/calling while checking my trapline is good enough for me . Coming 'home' for a steak dinner shrimp cocktail and a cold beer or red wine sitting in the recliner ain't bad at all . All while waiting for the motion solar powered light to alert me a hog has come to the corn thrown from the feeder - or a coon who gets the cz 22lr suppressed treatment . Lots of shooting from the shooting house .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.