Originally Posted by RS308MX
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I never hunted while sitting in a shooting house in my life. I get why some folks would employ such things- limited space to hunt, owning a small property and being forbidden to trespass on neighboring land, etc. Thankfully, having lived and hunted almost entirely on huge tracts of public land in the Appalachians I've been able to use the still hunt/sit a spell method, which is good because I would go batshit crazy sitting in one spot staring at the same scenery day after day year after year. Guarding the same trees for more than a couple hours drives me up a wall. Come to think of it, I only ever saw one such edifice in 50 years of prowling the woods of PA, MD, WVA, VA, and NY. I did sit in one in the Black Forest outside of Sankt Margens near Freiburg, Germany, but that was at the strict behest of the forester who controlled that neck of the woods. "When in Rome..."

I'm with ya on this! I guess it's the way to go in some places and I'm not knocking it at all. I just rather "still hunt".

I wish we could get away with still hunting here in eastern NC, but they haven't come out with silencers for machetes, or hovercraft boots. Folks around here say they are still hunting, but they are really stand hunting (sitting still, vs. moving so slowly as to seem to be still.)

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.