Originally Posted by shaman
I used Elevator brackets on my last build, a 5X7 open platform. I will use them again.

[Linked Image]

If you go to my weblog, and search for "Hollywood" You'll see the whole process.

Why no roof? I wanted it open for the better days I have to hunt. I put up a 2X2 post this year to hold a camo umbrella. It kept me out of the drizzle/sleet/snow.

Why 5X7? I wanted a place for my granddaughter to hunt with me. During season, I dress the sides with burlap. She can fidget all she wants. If you're sitting down behind the camo burlap, the deer can't see you unless they're 150 yards away.

Ditto on the preference for being out in the open. Prior to 2012, I hunted a 100 acre private parcel that was cut up by ravines. We used treestands a good bit, but the same elevation could often be had on the ground by just climbing above the travel routes, and it was a lot more comfortable and flexible too. The last time I hunted there, it poured for two days straight. I stood under a tree with one of those strap-on umbrellas over me, which kept me dry enough to stick it out. This year, I killed the first deer sitting on a tree seat that belts around the trunk. Lightweight and very comfortable, and you can put it where you want as opposed to having to settle for a place that has a good log or hummock to sit on. Easier on an old back too. Standing for hours ain't as easy as it was ten years ago.

What fresh Hell is this?