Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by JayJunem
Originally Posted by fredIII
[Linked Image]

2400 ft on this one and a Partner with the same and another with 1200.
Made dead elk walk over a mile in the nastiest shît a guy can crawl through. Mule tape sucks azz. 9/16 crab line will last for years my spool has pulled out over a hundred deer and elk.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are you using to pull the rope back once you get it to the animal?

Boat cleat in the trucks receiver couple half hitches on it pull as far as the road allows then back up and role the loose rope back on the spool and tie to the cleat again and go. On the elk end we have an eye in the line I cut a hole between the rear leg bone and large tendon then I shove the eye through the hole in both legs once the eye is through take the line push it through the eye on the bone side of the leg then loop the rope up over the feet and pull it tight. Then half hitch from the hole you pushed The eye into to the hooves.
Do not pull from the head. It pulls the vertebrates apart and let’s the spinal fluid leak into the meat and will cause bone sour even in a cooler.
We always pull from the rear feet.

Tman if you like the horns cut off the head and carry it out the rest is fine and very seldom does the animal hang up but if the do I carry a strap and block and Pull them around said fûckhole. We use two way radios to communicate and the guy in the hole tries to keep eyes on the show looking for snags/hangups. But they are not terrible to deal with at all usually it’s just feet going under a large root or something to stout for the role to upheave.

Gotcha.

Thanks!