Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Judman
Selway is a stupid Steep sumbitch for sure, just not the devils club, maple, tag worst of briars like we have.. Wish there were some in the selway like the 80's and early 90's....

Devil's club is appropriately named, for sure. It adds another level of miserableness, and I sure am glad it doesn't grow far from the coast. In that sense, I'll agree the Selway doesn't compare.

I grew up hunting the Selway, riding in from the Montana side into Idaho. I've seen mules loose their footing, fall off the trail and start tumbling, never to be seen again. Steep defines many of the drainages and once you're off the trail, it's sometimes not safe even on foot. How critters live on those slopes is beyond me.

That's a fact buddy!!! I wouldn't be surprised if the state record whitetail comes from up selway falls country....

First year I hunted over there 20 some years ago we stopped by a taxidermist place in kamiah. He lost his packstring up there and was in pretty much a full body cast... Can lucky it didn't kill him.

Doesn't suprise me, unfortunately.
Truth be told, Selway Falls is pretty mild compared to ridges and canyons further upstream, as well as in the Lochsa drainage.

Dave, I have been there...done that. Sucks ass but it is what it is. The [bleep] of Goat Heaven Peaks and Pack Box Pass both have caused me to put down an animal.

Last edited by T_Inman; 01/07/19.