Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Asking about the best way to set up my truck with a in/out steel drum holding 3/4” non-stretch rope for ripping elk out.

Curious on drum size to rope amount. I would want a minimum 3k feet...More? Drum would ride in the 6’-5” bed of a Tundra.

Brackets would need to be fabricated probably. I would want to be able to remove drum and hardware at the end of the season.

Ideas on best way to set a stop or brake on the drum wheel for pulling. Then winding up slack line, crank handle I imagine.

Off season project..,. 😎

Seriously?

In the time it takes to get a truck close enough,, run a line/cable/tape, thread a whole elk through thick and/or downed timber back to the truck, a guy can quarter, bone, and with a pard carry the edible parts out to a vehicle and still probably beat the above method.

Yes, I've helped drag an elk to the road with ATV's, but in every case the critter could have been quartered and loaded onto an ATV and just drive it out (less drama).

I just read this again and can’t stop smiling. The comic relief is priceless. Two out of two butchers (Literal meat cutting union butchers) vote rope is fastest. πŸ‘¨β€βœˆοΈ

Casey ? One or both of your ears pierced. Lmfao. And thanks for the photo to prove your bad azzness 🀜🏻