I use a 99 T, a 99F, a 99G and 99 E. They were built in the 1920 s and 30 s.

The 160 grain Hornady FTX made for the Marlin 308 express. It has a cannulure that matchs exactly where the brass wants to crimp, looks like factory when it's done.

I found the lever evolution powder will give more velocity out of the shorter barrels compared to H 4895.

I have harvested medium sized bulls and several cows with the 99. Three hundred yards plus on several cows. I use a LRD reticle, right now my T has a minox variable scope, but I prefer fixed six power with a smaller bell. I also use detachable rings as I am riding mules and have had trouble with the rocking motion in the scabbard. With detachable rings I have a peep sight set up for quick engagement.

More than once I had a lonely bull during archery season come up and try romancing my mules!

I also totally agree with MD and Mathman, them camel humped snake necked black maned buggers make it appear the vitals are farther back in the animal than they are. To predict mortality ....It ain't so much what they get hit with.....it is where they get hit!

Last edited by Angus1895; 02/08/19.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills