My 700 Classic in .300 is a dandy. Took some work to get it to shoot, as one recoil lug didn't bear at all, and there ws a pressure point on the right of the barrel, as well as beneath. Floated, bedded, lapped the lugs, and put a Callahan firing pin assembly in to get rid of the J-lock, and it nestles 150gr Sierras into 3/4" groups all day. Occasionally smaller. Had a 99 that I foolishly sold to help fifnance my first Wyoming trip (2001). Sold it with a box of 150gr Speer mag-tip reloads that reliably shot 1 1/2' groups. Saw the guy in the ER four years later. He had fired eight shots in four years. First year, he fired one shot at 100yds that hit inc-and-a-half high of center. Good enough. Shot the biggest buck of his life that year with one shot. Repeated each year after that. Both rifles wear 4x scopes, which seem proper for cartridge and rifle.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard