Thanks for the replies, At 64 I was thinking that I was the only one out there that likes old guns. Got to stop buying them I guess, the younger generation doesn't see the value in the classics or old working guns either. The M1917 had the stock butchered to a sporter, even bobbed off the butt then put on a slip on recoil pad. They made a y shaped bracket for the forend to hold the original sling swivel, ground off the rear sight ,drilled and tapped the receiver rings and put on Weaver bases( even got them at 12 o'clock), I cleaned it up and ran a solvent soaked patch thru the barrel, I kid you not it looked new. Couldn't resist it so I put some med height Millette rings on the weaver bases with an old Series 60 K-4 Weaver scope. It bore sighted ok. At sundown last nite the first shot hit 3" high and 1.5"R at 50 yds spun the vert dial down and windage to the left a little and shot another. elev good and a little more windage to the left. 3 shots went into the bull in 3/4" 5 shots total start to finish, load was some old handloads I made 20 years back with 4064 ,125 Sierras and GI brass. Sometimes good sh*t happens, I put everything away had a shot of Jack D and Honey then chased it with a PBR and ate left overs. The owner told me that 06 shot around corners and was junk. I take all the junk like that I can get. I think it will make a good truck gun and a guy can't have to many of those ,can he? MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "