Originally Posted by Fireball2
I like old lever guns, mostly Savages. Have an AR put together by our friend deerstalker, and it sits in the bedroom for intruders, otherwise, it'll never get fired. If I could have only one rifle, it would be some form of Savage lever action.

My latest 1899 was made in 1914 for the defense of Canada while all her young troops were fighting overseas. Called the Montreal Home Guard it was used by the folks that volunteered to watch vulnerable places like bridges. Each rifle has a rack number and usually the volunteers name on them. About 800 were made, fewer than that survive today. 303 Savage cartridge rather than 303 British because the cost to retool to the Brit cartridge (and probably the time delay) was too great. It's got to go thru an importer before I get my grubby little hands on it but it's on the way. Should make it here in 2-3 months.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roy,

I sure would enjoy seeing that one, when it shows up down this way....

what a great history to the rifle....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez