Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Cool thread!!!

Yeah it is, I thank all the responders for their time and damn nice pics which reminded me that I don't yet have all the nice old guns I want to try. The butt was cut on the M1917 but the other day the son came up with the original steel trap doored butt plate for it. It's bent but can be straightened, the bottom screw hole was reamed out but I will weld it up and re drill it. I will restore it back to the original length of pull. The gun has been modified to far to ever take it back to original. Doesn't mean a guy still can't enjoy it for what it is. The son actually said to me "it's an old junky military rifle" in 30-06. Had to bite my tongue, I guess some people just don't know that before a rifle is accepted for military use it sees some of the most exhaustive testing ever. I was an 03/03A3 junkie long before my first Enfield P17. I'm not very new either and not on the junk pile yet, think I'll make some meat next fall with it. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "