I enjoy these discussions, because handled well, it can give us pause to think about our choices.

But, I don’t think there’s one best gun for everyone, one number of rounds that work for all. Depends upon where you live, reasonable threat assessment for where you find yourself in your community etc.

Recall on a trip home to see my my mom we rented a mini van, took a shortcut through KC ( in days before road enhancement)

Up ahead a few blocks I could see a party ? Beginning of a street fight ? A riot ? Don’t know what, but it didn’t look good to me.

Sure enough as we slowed to cruise through, some a hole approached our van with a baseball bat menacingly

I’d already instructed everyone to duck down and not raise up till I gave the all clear.

Had assembled and loaded a Glock 23 and as the a hole with bat approached our rented mini van, he indeed got to see the muzzle.

I spose a j frame would have had the same impact upon him, wide eyed and stopped in his tracks, but it wouldn’t have given me the same comfort w only 5 rounds.

Not a shot fired, still gave me the warm fuzzies knowing I had good odds of taking down a few zulus If chit got real.

But just the usual, stopped em in their tracks, and as we got down the road they spilled into the street waving bat, and selling wolf tickets.

Meh, let em have their fun. Around town here where I live, not too many worries of that type. We only have to make ourselves happy with our firearms choices and even mag capacity.

I’ve not been in a gunfight, but I doubt that anyone that ever has wished for less ammo. I could be wrong about that 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.