Always with the "THIS VS THAT"...nothing but a way to get a dust-up going or wax poetic about their favorite toy, or show a picture and say "lookee what I did"...sometimes it's even slightly interesting.

They BOTH have pro's and con's and they BOTH do good jobs...make a decision and go for it. Good grief you can kill any animal on the North American continent with a 22 LR given the right conditions and have a rabbit run off using some cannon if you mess up.

It isn't the rifle, the caliber or the case size that kills, it's bullet placement.

I'm not overly impressed with the case taper of the 348, I would do a Turnbull or Ackley version if someone would give me one, but that won't stop me from using a "standard" one because I know it will do it's job if I do mine. I have a lot of rifles and extra barrels but the .348 never interested me...I went for the .338 then .358 calibers on several standard and wildcat cases. THEY work just as well.

If you like the .348 and just HAVE to have one then go for it...it isn't magical just workable...and you'll be happy.

Same with the other large cals...they ALL have warts and some are even pretty.

Good Hunting