I recently had a Ruger K1B rebarreled to 444 Marlin. It has a 22" Douglas Premium barrel instead of the Lilja my local smith normally uses. So far I've only had time to run Nosler 240 JSPs through it with a middle of the road load of Benchmark but wow, what a promising shooter. It put 6 rounds into a single ragged hole at 50 yards while I was breaking it in and getting the scope on paper. This load averaged right around 2200 fps. I have yet to see what it will do at 100 yards, or with the Hawk 275 spitzers I've had good luck with in a 44 mag 1885 low wall.

The same smith texted me today to tease me with a pic of the 24" .348 Win barrel, also a Douglas, he put on a No. 1S for me just this week. I expect to get the finished product next week and have a few boxes of the Hawk 230 spitzers waiting to load for it after I try some of the stuff I shoot in a Browning 71. Really looking forward to this rifle since I've been waiting for it for some time.

As somebody said on another thread about new cartridges, if you want to try something, spin a new barrel on a gun you already have. I've had several No. 1s rebarreled for this very reason. None of mine have the pedigree of your Ackley, or course, but they are so much fun.