I found a box of test load I made up probably about three years ago. The load was 47.0 gr. Re17 and the rounds had either the 150 gr. Nosler Partition or 150 gr. Nosler ABLR. Half the loads with each bullet had Winchester brass and half had Remington brass. I remember making up the loads for the M70 and had planned to shoot 3 shot groups and then using my Lyman tong tool seat the next three a little deeper and so on. My mistake was I forgot to take the tong tool.
I also took my 257 Bob out with me today. I had a few rounds loaded up with the 100gr. Barnes TSX. IIRC, they were running around 2900 FPS. Not one round hit the paper or the backer. shocked I shot one at a rock on the berm with a fellow spotting for me and he could not see where the bullet hit.

Next plan, quit shooting and take up something simple like quantum physics . Not really. Two things up front. Clear all copper fouling from the barrels. I have a load for the M70 with the Partition. Why that rifle was all over hell and gone needs to be addressed. It dies tend to copper foul a bit so that'll be the first step.check all screws, you know, the usual subjects. Do the same with the .257 Bob plus do a bore siting while I'm at it. Tried to do a bore site at the range and due to the small bore didn't get anywhere. I think next I'll do a pressure work up for the Mauser with the ABLR. That damned bullet looks just too good to not shoot well. Come to think of it, I also have some 120 gr. and 140 gr. TSX bullets for the 7x57. I have gotten the 140/TSX up tp 2800 FPS but lousy accuracy so far. I notice that Barnes shows that 140 gr. TSX bullet to be good for elk in the 140 gr. weight. I think I used H4350 with that bullet years back. Gonna see how Re17 and it get along. So many choices. grin cool
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE