Decided to pull my old beater Mauser out today and shoot up some old reloads. It was scopeless so I put a Leupold M8 4x on it. I had 4 boxes of 7x57 ammo loaded with the 150 gr. Ballistic Tips powdered with WC 852 that I had put together back in 2014. Well 4 5 shot groups of 3 inch suck I found my action screws were a half turn loose, both of em! Tightened em up and went back at it same crap! So I decided to thoroughly clean it using Turtle wax chrome polish and a tight patch. Ran that in and out 4-5 times and then cleaned the residue out with clean patches. Went back out and immediately was back in business. POI had dropped to the 4 oclock position, first two an inch apart, 2nd pair touching and last three shotter 2.5 inches high, centered and right at an inch. Now the wind was heck 20 to 35 MPH gusting and shooting was a sporting proposition so I quit while I was ahead. So now I have more than 40 empty pieces of brass and some 160 gr. Partitions looking for a home hmmmm. Think I will load some up using IMR 4350 and play some more tomorrow.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]