Originally Posted by PJGunner
Just my opinion but I think Re19 just might be a bit too slow for a 140 gr. bullet in a 7x57. However I have gotten some interesting results using Re17 in that cartridge. One load with Re17 and the 150 gr. Nosler Partition does 2847 FPS. Primers look reasonable that the cases have been loaded 5 or 6 times and primer pockets are still reasonably tight. With that said though, I've dropped the load back enough for a velocity of 2710 FPS with only a slight loss in accuracy. Rifle is a Winchester M70 Featherweight. That top load also shot well in a Ruger #A in 7x57 but even the 2710 FPS load locks up the bolt on a custom Mauser I have. I have absolutely no idea why but it shows high pressures long before the other two rifles. Damn thing is driving me sane.
Right now I'm trying to get the Nosler ABLR 150 gr. bullet to give some modicum of accuracy but it hasn't worked in any of my 7x57s and not in my .280 Remington as well. Probably be a few days before I can get to the range. We've had a few heavy rain showers the past few days and the range is usually a mud hole.
I did a bit of work with the 160 gr. Speer Hot Core but it and Re17 apparently don't agree with each other. I'll probably run a series with H4350 when I get done with the ABLRs.
Paul B.

Tighter, shorter throat?