WAM

I'm NOT pushing anything, just relaying more info.

"Back in the Day" (grin) I only had 1 magnum rifle at a time. My first was a Ruger 77 tanger 300 WM. I didn't know a 300 WM would
kick LESS in a 'decent stock with a REAL recoil pad'. I thot mags should/would kick. It did.

My next mag was a 700 Classic 7 mm RM and for a few years only 1 mag at a time. In studying the manuals of 'the day', I was looking for a powder to give reasonable velocity with the least powder burned.

I found that IMR 4350 did what I was looking for. That was some years back and we have MORE powders that'll perform at less pressures than IMR 4350.

As time has gone by I've 'evolved' and have multiple magnum rifles in diff 'calibers' (cartridges) and I have diff powders for each of those rounds. It puts less strain on having just ONE powder for the magnums.

I said earlier that I got 3100 fps + using 180 N P. I did. Here are a couple more pix from Nosler # 7 -- top shows bullet wt--- bottom shows velocities.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The last 5 powders listed produced from 3100 -- + fps. NOTE IMR 4350.

*** Note Same as above pix - these are loads from Nosler # 7 for the 300 WM

Way Back, I just liked the looks of the 300 WM and then I liked the velocities it got from less powder than the Wby. I'm NOT anti Wby.
I've said this 'here' before, " I have an irrational affection for the 300 WM. I just like it. That's all it takes for ALL of us to like or dis like
certain rounds (cartridges).

The 300 WM carries it weight very well. And that's not just my opinion, others share it as well.

Have a Goodun

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 06/01/19.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!