Bob, I remember reading an article in Rifle magazine where the author was testing his new Jarrett rifle in 257 Weatherby that had one of those "tight" Jarrett button rifled barrels. Jarrett stated that he believed that tight barrels produced better accuracy. Problem was though, the author couldn't shoot Weatherby factory ammo out of the rifle w/o blowing primers. Of course, velocity will suffer as well with those tight bore barrels. Jarrett started making his own barrels after finding all the other makers not being able to make barrels to his accuracy standards and with an acceptable reject rate. Funny thing is though, that I can't ever remember seeing a match won using a Jarrett barrel and somehow all these matches keep being won using those old crummy barrels. Jarrett also cited delivery times using other makers barrels as being a problem when you add up using McMillan stocks as well. To his credit though, I don't know of any other custom rifle builder that makes their own actions, barrels and stocks under one roof.