Just to pour gasoline on the fire or FAR as we say in Texas. Which one is more accurate? The Winchester has a proven accuracy record for 1000 yard competition and as a sniper round. The Weatherby has won some matches but you practically never see it on the winners list except maybe in some unlimited guns.

I can't shoot mine worth beans but it is good enough that even with my shooting the 300 Win. appears to be an inherently accurate cartridge, whatever that is. The Weatherby, maybe it's the the misteek that intimadates me, or the mojo is not working, but it seems in my shaky hands to not automatically lay them in there like the Winchester. But not a fair comparison, Weatherby stock doesn't fit me well, all the Weatherby's were factory and all the Winchester had Krieger or other custom barrels.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli