I have/have had a half dozen 300 Weatherbys. I have loaded thousands of rounds of ammo for them and shot a few boxes of factory stuff up.

My current 300 Wby shot the Weatherby factory 150 grain Hornady load at 3710 fps (27" barrel). I only fired three rounds as that seems way to hot to be safe. There must be no lawyers in Normaland.

I can, however, get 3450 with H4831 using Hogdon's data with the 165 grain bullets I used to use. I got about 3040 fps with 200 grain bullets using that filty dirty H870. I haven't loaded with that powder in a long time. I haven't loaded many 300 Wby loads lately myself but have been shooting 300 Winchesters a lot.

I am taking a 300 Winchester Sendero to Mexico in January and just started prepping brass for it today. I am going to start with 200 grain Bergers. In the XCR-II that I have been shooting all during the month of October, I found that I could get about 125-150 fps LESS than the typical Wby loads with the same bullet weights and that includes factory Wby ammo although it is not Norma loaded but rather Federal and others.

I like the long neck on the Wby and find it is easier to get great loads but that is just me. I will see how this Sendero does. It was the only rifle that the serial number was available for when I was out of town and the rifle permit applications needed to be made so I am stuck with it.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.