Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by rickt300
The world needs to come to grips with the fact that the inch/foot/yard measuring system is far better than the damned metric system!

I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong!

Jerry

Ok wise guy divide a meter by 3, divide the meter by 4, What is the metric equal of .001? Notice anything here?

1 Metre = 100cm/3 = 33.3cm or 333mm

1 Metre - 100cm/4 = 25cm or 250mm

1" = 2.54cm/1000 = 0.00254mm

Don't see your problem

Well the foot is not run off the number ten as we all know. Compare;

1 Yard divided by 3 = 1'

1 yard divided by 4 = 9"

.001 = .0254

I see you ducked the test just by listing equivalents inch to metric.

1 meter / 3 = 0.3333 m

1 meter / 4 = 0.25 m

As a mechanic I was first pissed that I had to keep two sets of tools When that fugging Nixon decided we need to go metric that meant another set of sockets and wrenches. Taking up more space and making my life heavier. The metric sockets are harder to tell just by looking what size metric you have in your hand. 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm and 15mm could be happily covered with three sizes sort of like we do it here with the inch. 7/16, 1/2 and 9/16, these are easy to look at and size with out looking for the socket markings. The suck part is every car built on the semi metric system of both inch and metric or even just metric those stupid jerks use every size of bolthead from 8mm through 18mm!

As a machinist I was stunned that we would have to get prints for parts in metric sometimes. Some of the math required to program a CNC machine is pretty complicated. Metric generally takes more numbers and simply because you have to type them in setup takes longer. Not to mention the added complication of having to use a calculator to add, subtract, calculate an angle. Add to that having to put mm at the end! Stupid. Especially after you do that you have to convert it to inch anyway! The vast amount of precision measuring tools are in inch almost everywhere so I know there are people out there in Europe converting inch to metric, good screwm! The only people that think the metric system is even ok never used the inch to any degree.

Last edited by rickt300; 06/21/19.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]