Originally Posted by cra1948
I’ve been following this thread since inception and have just had it shake my head at some of the stuff I’ve seen. RIFLE DUDE says it well. I’m a journeyman tool and die maker, have been working in both systems since the mid-70’s. Metric is far superior and much more logical.

The big mistake made by US industry when switching to metric was the agenda was in trying to teach everyone how to do conversions, rather than just going hard metric. That was all so complicated, because of the absurd complication of the imperial system, that your average industrial worker ran out of brain cells trying to figure it out.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned here is the elegant relationship between everything in metric. One cubic centimeter (one milliliter) of water weighs one gram. Thus one liter of water is one kilogram. One calorie raises one gram of water one degree centigrade. Everything else fits into this model. Think of how easy it is to solve a lot of engineering problems.

When I read that one flaw of the metric system was no provision for fractions I figured we’d never get this resolved.

So fractions are not useful and mean nothing? A pound is not a useful measurement? The inch itself is not a useful measurement that has no equal in metric? Resolved? Journeyman tool and die maker? You might as well vote democrat for all the sense your making.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]