I agree with you Desertranger, 100%

I do have some variable scopes going up to 9X on some of my hunting rifles, but they nearly always stay at 3X or 4X. I do favor 3X and 4X fixed power scopes when I can find good ones. Weaver stopped making their K4 resentfully and I am hopeful that Leupold will not do the same with their M8 4X. I know there are some others out there, but finding a good quality fixed 3X or 4X is getting hard to do. There are some made in Europe and I hear a lot of good things about many, but the price is quite high. There are several pieces of Chinese junk (called scopes) which we can still get, but they are unworthy of a good hunting rifle.

The industry seems obsessed with selling gadgets and all manor of things that are 99.5% useless for a hunting rifles in 99.5% of the shots a real hunter will take in his life. So why are we force fed all the gizmos? Those that like such things can buy them by the car load, but for those of us that love a strong, clear fixed power sight (what any scope truly is......A SIGHT) we are now having to haunt yard sales and pawn shops to find what we really want.

The industry seems to demand everyone buy a target scope or so-called "tactical scope" (showing the use of salesmanship to the ignorant. Tactics are actions, not objects)

Last edited by szihn; 07/03/19.