To be honest, most of my rifles have 3x9X variables mounted, one has a 2x7. A couple have a 3X with post and crosshair. Strange thing, I have a 4X Leupold that when I aimed it at my target which is a 2.5" black square with a one inch white center, it seems smaller than when sighting at it with either the 3X scopes or the variables set at 3X. confused One thing I've noticed is when sighting in or just shooting from the bench for fun the scopes are set at 9X but on the hunt are set at 3X. My last six elk were all shot with the scope at 3X. Come to think of it, my antelope I took in 2009 was also shot at 3X. I'm still trying to figure out the deal of that 4x. Guess I could send it back for a tune up and checking out the actual power. I'm also trying to figure out why it came with a colored lens. (yellow)???
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE