For the last 35+ years where I hunt is not range challenging, unless you count close as a challenge. My longest shot on a deer was 125 yards measured. Nothing that couldn't be handled with peeps or even irons given enough light. That is my way of saying I don't have any perspective about what works at long range in the field. I have shot the M16 and M14 at 300 meters and managed to hit the target sufficiently well to be labeled a sharpshooter with the -14 and expert with the -16.

So I don't need a celestial observatory to hit stuff out to practical ranges, nor do I need to twiddle knobs. (No widecracks necessary)

[Linked Image]
A 2.5X Leupold M8 Compact sits on that thing and it can do this if I pay attention...these are 5 shot groups BTW

[Linked Image]

I did cheat a little with the .22 LR barrel though and put a Weaver K3 that began life in El Paso.

[Linked Image]

Perhaps the most telling example though is what happened some years ago whilst checking zero for the .44 Mag that had a Millett SP1 red dot sight.

[Linked Image]

Yeah, I adjusted the knobs a little after that and jerked the trigger once on a trip to Mississippi.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain