A creedmoor?

I believe we are seeing an example of what the industry is selling.
Somehow a "creedmoor" is in need of a scope with gizmos and high power?

The truth is that a .264" diameter bullet in the chamber of the creedmoor is still .264" in diameter on the firing line, and it's exactly the same diameter at 1500 yards. It doesn't somehow grow as it travels towards the target. . The target at 1500 yards is NOT any bigger if you make it look bigger,--------------- and if you were standing 15 yards from it it would be the exact same size.
See......scopes don't shoot.
The Emperor is truly naked, but thousands believe they can see his pretty new cloths.

I shoot to some long ranges for the fun of it. 1000 and 1200 are ranges I like to fire at, because I can be to a place to do it in only 20 minutes, and I can shoot to 600 by walking out my front door. Shocking as it may be, I fire at targets out to past 1000 yards with my scopes on the rifles I hunt with mostly set on low powers. Not always. I sometimes dial them up to 9X, but I like to shoot with them set the way I actually carry them most times
Note, I do pretty well as far as rounds fired to hits made. But I DO NOT fire at game past 550. Why?
Because I have never seen a real need to do it in over 1/2 century of hunting at any game that was not wounded and getting away.

But if I owned a creedmoor I would have a fixed 4X or maybe a fixed 6X on it.

I am not much of a "gear-queer" and I like simply hunting sights for my hunting rifles. I have not shot competition in about 15 years now, so I have no desire for a high powered wizz-bang bells and whistles scope. I don't begrudge anyone using them. Have at it if you like them.
But for me I like fixed lower power scopes.

That's the reply to the OPs question and that is my answer, speaking only for myself.

No amount of magnification will make the gun stand "stiller" for the shooter. It's all about the skill of holding and squeezing, not making a target look bigger. The target and the bullets don't grow, no matter what scope you buy.

Last edited by szihn; 07/03/19.