Originally Posted by Henryseale
In my experience General tires are very poor quality. Arizonan (sold by Discount Tires) are OK quality for a very good price. I had several sets on my 2009 Camry that never gave me the claimed mileage, but Discount Tire always gave me credit adjustment when I replaced them and I was good. Finally replaced the Camry recently. What I am really pleased with are Yokohama. They are really holding up well on my 2006 Chevy truck and were reasonably priced. If I were needing a new set and I were planning on keeping the truck/SUV for another 2-3 years/30-40K miles, I would seriously look at Yokohama. Cooper is also supposed to be real good, but I have no experience with them. Michelin makes a good car tire, but their truck tires used be poor quality - weak sidewalls. Not sure how they are now, as that was a number of years ago. Just my .02 worth.

I had a set of General Grabber STX tires from Wal-Mart that were worn out in 40K miles despite being rotated and balanced every 6k miles. General would give me a prorated discount if I would buy another set of them, but who would want them?