I agree that tires need to be changed out every 5 or 6 years at the most but what I see are people who don't even know how to test the air pressure in their tires. They don't own a pressure gauge and wouldn't know how to use it if they had too. I have seen the results of folks who don't check the pressure or don't do it on a timely basis. The tires may have cracks in the treads and could be usable but that takes years sometimes for it to happen. But, a tire can get a nail in it, have a deteriorated stem or even have a bad valve long before the first crack shows. up. If you live on a gravel road expect at least one flat a year because of nails or wire on the road that end up in the tires.

I check mine every month in the cold months and every two months in the summer with the pressure gauge. I also look at them at least once a week to make sure one is not low in between. It's just my feeling that the tire will fail long before it's worn out our aged out because they are not monitored and the pressure is neglected. My son is good about checking his and his wife's car but I can't seem to get my daughter to do it herself so I check hers several times a year. I have even given her a pressure gauge several times for Christmas. I don't know what the heck she does with them.

Bottom line, I'm less concerned about cracks in the rubber than I am in the tire pressure and the wear patterns.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.