Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by Bristoe
... On the other hand, these General Altimax RT43's seem like a decent tire for the money.

The ones on the Wife's Corolla have 55K on them so far, and they look great. Even wear, and they appear to have another 15 - 20K left in them.

They rode so well they convinced me to put them on the Camry, as well. 20K miles in, I'm still well-pleased with them.

FC

I bought mine at a big tire place. I asked the young man behind the counter if they sold General Altimax tires and he answered, "A lot of them". They also had a special going on,...$70 off a set of four,...and he was telling the truth because I got a quote for the same tires at another place and it was almost exactly $70 more than he quoted me. The other place also wanted an additional $65 for a 4 wheel alignment. It started turning into a lot of money, so I went to this other place.

They sold the set of tires for $70 less and threw in a 4 wheel alignment for free.

My car didn't behave as if it needed an alignment, but I always get it looked at when I put on a new set of tires.