Originally Posted by kid0917

kind of a pain, but could you block the trailer up and remove the tires, store in basement or whatever?

I started removing the tires from my trailers for added security.
I spend a lot of time away from home and it was bugging me a little as to how vulnerable my trailers were.
It's the boats, the dump-bed and the cargo trailer which can become a storage unit of sorts at times.

This stuff is easily stolen and most hitch locks can be defeated. Which can be a good thing since I sure as hell have lost the keys before and had to cut the locks off.

With a good floor jack and a impact wrench it just takes a few minutes to have any one of them on the road.
All it cost me was a few concrete blocks
I have taken notice as to what great condition my tires are staying in being stacked in the shop, no UV damage from the Florida sun at all...

On a side note, I also took notice how interchangeable some of the wheels are, I really might not need 6 sets of trailer tires at all..I just doubt I am going to be using my dump-bed at the same time as my cargo trailer and suddenly need to take one of the boats some where....hummmmm