I hope I respond to everyone reasonably efficiently.

1. She is familiar with trigger action shooting. We both recognize that were the near-zero confrontation to occur, she would use that shooting method. So rather than fight that ingrained learned response, use it with a more powerful revolver of the same type.

2. Having tried several revolvers of varying power on the range, her drop in effectiveness when shooting 45 Colt +P (not my FA 97 handloads) and 44 Magnum is severe. She believes 357 Magnum, a significant measure more powerful than the "FBI" loads she uses in her 640, is as much gun as she can handle. Again, rather than try to convince her of an alternative, I acquired a 357 Magnum revolver of the same trigger action that is heavy enough to reduce recoil effect while being capable of safely shooting any 357 Magnum ammunition.

3. So the next step is to identify the ammunition that will be most effective when shot from that revolver. I shoot only "FBI" ammunition from my Ruger SP101s, so I'm no help for a heavier, more powerful 357 Magnum ammunition solution. My recommendation for using one of my FA 97s is a non-starter. And my "generosity" maxes out with the Highway Patrolman.

4. With my heavy 45 Colt ammunition (300-grain Saeco SWC-GC @ 1150 fps ± 75) I am a "believer" in straight penetration with any expansion being an afterthought so long as penetration remains straight and [preferably] through-and-through. Once I move beyond the "FBI" load 38 Special LSWC-HP 158 grains, I am not able to make a knowledgeable choice.

5. So I ask of shooters who can help.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell