Originally Posted by recoiljunky
Tell her nicely to MAN UP BUTTERCUP!!! My compactly built 5'2" Irish red head can put on a clinic shooting my 357's with my hottest 158 grain XTP loads. She's shot my 180 grain XTP loads, but says "They sting a little".

In all seriousness, your girl needs to shoot more. Stock up on 38's and let her blast away at "things" not paper. Things like tin cans, clay pigeons, golf balls, things that when you hit close to they move. Shooting paper is too "exact" and can ruin a good instinctive shooter like my m'issus is.

When she's comfortable with the 38's, amp it up a little at a time. Get her a glove. A pair of those mechanics gloves work and cut the fingers off at the second knuckle.

your post reminds me of my wife. When i first bought a super redhawk in 44mag, all i had was a box of factory 180's, she was the first one to shoot the revolver. Didn't bother her, which was not what i expected. Nobody had told her being a girl it would be uncomfortable to shoot.
she has always prefered heavier handguns, i think because it deadens the recoil.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO