Originally Posted by Formidilosus
The response to this question shows just how few men are left.

Any male that would save himself while innocent people are being harmed, whether armed or not, is an embarrassment to his ancestors. He will never be able to die well regardless of what he does after the event, and everyone- his wife, daughter, sons, family and friends will know he is a coward.

This.

If I ran away from women and children getting killed, everything, EVERYTHING I swore an oath to means nothing. I don't see that happening.

I live across the street from a elementary school, where my youngest daughter went to school. I work mostly from home as an engineer. And, I am certain that if I hear shooting over there, I will grab an AR and get on the phone to the local PD, running to save those kids, while refusing their orders to wait for the police to "handle it."

I might get shot and killed by the popo because they don't know I'm the good guy. But no innocents will be harmed on my watch if I am in a position to do anything about it.

The saying below is copied everywhere these days. I wonder how many people really understand the significance of the the commitment necessary to "run toward the sound of gunfire."

I do. And I will.

[Linked Image]

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.