Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I am sure there are a few guys on here that are among the lucky few who can still react and think during an
adrenaline flood of the brain. 97% of people can NOT function under that condition. Training, marksmanship, and tactical analysis
\ means nothing when your motor control and the brain shuts down. We've all seen the cop videos, emptying magazines at 15 feet
with no center mass hits. Dial it back, Rambo's. Buck fever to the tenth power.

re; 97%

bUt I've heard its many times on the CF how a good citizen on the spot, could potentially thwart the actions of a shooting spree killer.
(maybe not outright kill him, but at least put him off his game or wound him, etc )...most such perps are pussies that don't want to die,
...right???......thats why they often surrender to police before any shots are fired at them?

I mean the CF has members who strongly believe and have repeatedly stressed how important it is for every capable law abiding person
to carry in the event they could one day have [the option] to deal with a bad guy wherever they find themselves by stroke of fate.
The more the better = the more chance of putting a spanner in the works of a mass killer.

nOw I'm being given the opposite impression that the real world effective power [or likelyhood] of side-armed good citizens to effectively
thwart massacres is way over -rated. ....So, If in any doubt wait for LE /Gov and see what sort of crapshoot quality of first responder cops
turns up, but we all know how that can turn out.

> I cant rely on 97% of armed good citizens to reasonably keep their schitt together when faced with such a perp,
> I cannot trust that good capable/competent first responder cops will turn up..
> If we wait for SWAT we could well all be dead before they arrive...
>. ANY cop may well shoot a good citizen trying to exercise their reasonable right to protect themselves
and others against a perp If need be.
> Yet the Cops have NO obligation to protect good citizens from a perp.
> Cops mostly don't trust anyone outside of cops with legally possessing/carrying a firearm,
If some had their way , you would not be allowed to have one.

Starman, what would you actually do. It seems you have put a great deal of thought into this. You're in the mall when the shooting starts, you're legally armed with a handgun. What will you do?