Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I cannot say how I'd react, but if I could pre-program myself right now I'd have me move towards the shooter and engage, as men it is our duty to protect others and oppose evil.

Especially at my time in life..... already had a family, already raised a kid, already lived to see a grandchild. My ridiculers-in-chief are absent at present so I can compare it to gang activity in the school hallways; what you want to do is insert yourself into the flow of events the perpetrators had planned and send it off in some other direction by your interference..

Right now in my 60's I still have the mobility to present a threat. Surprising the shooter from behind or to the side would be best, as someone here said if he's wearing a vest aim for the pelvis.

If I died in the attempt my term life is still in effect, I leave a good story for others to tell about me and get to take another good story with me to the other side, and all we get to keep when we check out of this world are our stories. As a bonus I'd get to increase my odds of making it into the Good Place.

We do know that these shooters do seem to get rattled when faced with determined opposition, even in the event of my death it is entirely possible lives could by at least delaying the shooter.

That's how I'd like to think I'd react.

Well said.