Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by joken2

Wouldn't surprise me if some FFL holders strike deals with Walmart sporting goods dept 'associates' paying them a little extra 'under-the-table' to tip them off first to these extreme clearance priced sales and/or hold back some for them, then resell at a pretty healthy profit. Even Walmart with their high volume buying clout can't buy this stuff at anywhere near what they are clearance pricing them at.

I know several years back a local gun/pawn shop (no longer in business) owner bought up all of the remaining NIB, special for Walmart only run, of laminated, SS, 10/22 lr from a local Walmart close out priced @ $125 and resold them in his store

Some folks see that as sour grapes, I see it as good business. I don't blame anyone for making some money.

Having said that, if someone doesn't want to deal with that person, then that's their right not to do so.

Again, it's not the straight forward first-come - first-served / early bird gets the worm sales that is a issue, it's the hiding, sneaky tipping-off family, friends, etc., and/or under the table kickback scheming by store employees,