Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I have no problem with sales staff getting first chance at anything which comes on sale at Walmart. They work for schyt wages for a schyt employer. I know, my wife spent a couple months there. She did not get along well with the morning "worship to the altar of Walmart" sessions.

That said, if they want 'em, they gotta get out the checkbook and get 'em bought before someone else steps up with the cash. Don't they still have lay-a-way at Wally World?

Allowing employees first chance to buy clearance priced items outright is one thing, but falsely telling customers "out of stock", willfully hiding them, or "neglecting" to put out on sales floor in order to prevent customers from buying first should not be permitted and in my opinion an offense that warrants disciplinary action.

Don't know what Walmart's official Christmas layaway start date is this year but last year it was August 31 and had to but picked up by Dec. 10. If they have a year-around layaway I haven't heard or seen anything about it.

I've read too that average hourly pay for full time Walmart employees is now over $14.

There aren't many full time employees at Wal-Mart and an "average" of 14.00 an hour for full time employees is still shyt wages. There's a convenience store near here that pays 15.00 an hour to start and the local Dairy Qeen has a help wanted sign in the window that says 14.00 an hour to start. Some of you crusty old farts need to get up to date on wages these days. It ain't the 1900's anymore.

I agree, any dishonest actions should be grounds for immediate termination.

Full time employees average $14/hr. One must remember that Dept managers, Personnel Managers, Loss Prevention Managers, HR Supervisors, Store Managers, Division Managers, National Marketing Managers, etc, etc, are all full time people who are calculated into the equation. The average associate on the floor ain't making $14/hr. My wife was working through the night stocking shelves for minimum wage.

But hey, they gave her a 10% discount card for any merchandise in the store, as long as it did not come from the grocery side.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.